Your wedding will be a once in a lifetime event! You and your partner will spend a great deal of time planning each and every detail, to ensure that your big day is a personal experience for not only each other, but for your guests as well. From delicious cuisine to festive entertainment, each detail will need to be given your utmost attention, so that you can present an event that will be thoroughly enjoyed and remembered for the many years to come.
However, there is one element that will assist you with planning each detail of your wedding, and that would be the theme that you choose to present. From Modern to rustic and everything in between, you will have an array of options to choose from when it comes to deciding on a beautiful style for your big day. Have you given much thought to how you would like your wedding to appear?
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we believe that every wedding should showcase a gorgeous, unique style! That’s why we have gathered some of the top styles that you could choose to showcase on your own wedding day. If you would like to discover what these great themes are, be sure to continue reading:
- Vintage. Do you have an appreciation for the past? If so, consider a choosing a vintage theme for your big day! You can draw in inspiration from past decades to present a timeless look. Choose a wedding dress that showcases lace details to add an elegant touch. Or, for a more flapper appeal, opt for accessories such as a birdcage veil. In addition, utilize elements such as tea cups, wooden crates, and antiques, to create a past-time sense of style.
- Romantic. If you are seeking to amp up the intimacy on your big day, then a romantic theme should certainly be chosen! Highlight soft hues, such as pastel pinks and reds. To add even more romance, illuminate your color palette with delicate lighting, such as up-lighting, which can also be used to accentuate the gorgeous architecture of your venue. For your flowers, opt for pink, white, or red roses. And, to top it off, present intimate candles among your tables. Go tall with tapers, or present a more personal appeal with votives. You can certainly bring your love story to life with a romantic theme.
- Rustic. The country certainly presents a great deal of beauty! Crisp air, gorgeous fields, wooden details; rustic charm is something to truly appreciate! You can bring this natural feel to your wedding day by choosing a rustic theme. For your venue, consider a location such as a barn, or an outdoor field, to really highlight what this theme has to offer. In addition, adorn your space with details such as mason jars to hold your wedding flowers, wooden rounds to place your centerpieces among, and wildflowers loosely comprised to present a natural appeal. To complement this style even more, adorn yourself with cowboy boots paired with a gorgeous, slim silhouetted wedding dress. You will surely stun your guests with this lovely theme!
- Organic. Having a love of the outdoors and the natural beauty that the world presents is surely something to appreciate! However, if a rustic theme is not your cup of tea, you can instead, choose to present an organic sense of style. You could choose wooden crates to present your wedding details within, such as your centerpieces. In addition, choose florals such as wildflowers, and pair them with vegetables, such as squash or pumpkins, to really add an organic touch. For your color palette, opt for warm oranges and browns. This theme will positively add some warmth to your big day!
- Seasonal. Each season presents its own, unique sense of style and beauty! If you are choosing to host a seasonal wedding, you will have an array of options for showcasing a lovely theme for each.
- Spring. Add some color to your wedding day by choosing to host a spring themed wedding! Vibrant flowers, such as daisies or tulips, would be the perfect complement to the season. Fill your centerpiece vases with fruit, such as sliced lemons or limes, to add even more brightness to your big day. By creating a color scheme that highlights pastel pinks and blues, you can really showcase what this season has to offer. Your guests will be truly pleased with such an up-lifting presentation!
- Summer. Vibrancy should certainly be the prominent feature for presenting a sunny summer themed wedding! By creating a color palette comprised of bright pinks, oranges, and yellows, you can complement the season beautifully. To really accentuate summer, choose to host your nuptials outdoors, such as among a beautiful golf course or a gorgeous park. Just remember, the weather could come into play, so consider providing hand fans, parasols, or sunglasses for your guests to shield them from the heat and the sun. These details will also pose as wonderful wedding favors!
- Fall. The season of fall is said to present a warm and comfortable vibe! The deep and beautiful hues of yellows and browns would be a gorgeous complement to this rustic season. You can enhance these colors even further by choosing to showcase gold details throughout your wedding décor, such as with gold centerpieces and charger plates. In addition, choose elements such as pumpkins and twigs, to add that seasonal touch to your big day. The overall appeal that a fall wedding presents will certainly have your guests feeling at home as they attend your wedding.
- Winter. Chilly air, snow, dark evenings; there are so many elements of winter that provide us with a feeling of comfort, making it a wonderful theme to choose for a wedding! Go all-white with your linens, wedding dress, and flowers, so that your guests can feel as though they are within a winter wonderland. However, know that you can add a dash of color by utilizing deep hues, such as reds, greens, and browns. Instead of fabric table runners, opt for deep greenery runners. In addition, add some warmth to your wedding by illuminating with candles! By hosting a winter themed wedding, you can ensure that your guests will be pleased with all of your seasonal details!
The theme you choose for big day will pose as the base for all of your wedding details! These are just a few of the top themes that you could choose for your own wedding.
If you are ready to book your wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, to capture each beautiful detail of your chosen wedding theme, please contact us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. We would be honored with the opportunity to capture your big day as your Columbus wedding photographer.