Seeing as you have spent many months, if not years, planning your big day, you probably feel a tad bit overwhelmed! From choosing the most beautiful flowers to develop your centerpieces and bouquets, to deciding on just the right foods to comprise your menu, a lot of thought has been given to each and every detail to create your picture-perfect wedding day.
All too often, brides and grooms are stressed out once their big day arrives, as they have planned so diligently to fulfill all of their wedding visions. However, this just shouldn’t be the case! But, you shouldn’t fret, as there are ways in which you can prepare to assist you with staying calm and feeling relaxed for your celebration.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we believe that every couple should be at ease on their big day! That’s why we have gathered some things that you can do to ensure that you are. If you are ready to discover some great advice, be sure to continue reading:
- Follow-Up with All of Your Wedding Vendors. You have hired an array of wedding professionals to bring your big day to life! From your caterer to your florist, each vendor will present their own set of services for your wedding. During the week before your wedding, follow-up with each of your vendors to ensure that they are all set and prepared to present their services. This way, you won’t have any worries when it comes to your wedding vendors and their presence on your big day.
- Take Part in a Bridal Beauty Trial-Run. Choosing a beautiful hair and make-up style for your grand debut down the aisle is certainly exciting! But, it can put a great deal of pressure on a bride. After all, this is your moment to shine, and you will certainly want to have confidence in your appearance. By taking part in a bridal beauty trial-run prior to your wedding day, you can guarantee that you will be pleased with your appearance. Even though the look you desire may appear beautiful within a magazine or an online portfolio, that doesn’t mean that it is the right look for you specifically. So, allow yourself to be at ease and confident with your style by knowing beforehand that it is the best look for you.
- Break in Your Shoes Before the Wedding Day. Being comfortable is certainly of importance! Especially on a day as special as your wedding day. Seeing as you will be on your feet nearly the entire day, it is of importance that you break in your shoes beforehand. Wear your shoes around the house, so that they stay clean and in tip top shape. By doing so, you will experience optimum comfort once your wedding day arrives, and your feet will certainly thank you.
- Make Sure to Get Enough Rest Prior to Your Big Day. During the week before your wedding, you will want to ensure that you are getting enough rest, both mentally and physically. When it comes to sleep, you will want to try and get at least eight hours each night. In addition, promote relaxation for your body by visiting a spa or taking part in yoga. This way, you can be well-rested and fully energized for all of your wedding festivities. After all, when you take care of your body, you will certainly feel your best and relaxed.
- Stay Hydrated and Energized Throughout Your Wedding Day. A lot of brides and grooms feel a little anxious once their wedding day arrives. However, even if your stomach is fluttering with butterflies, you will still want to ensure that you eat something as well as drink plenty of water throughout your wedding day. It would best to fill yourself up in the morning with a serving of protein, fruits, vegetables, and juice, as eating will have your fueled and ready to go for your festivities. However, if you aren’t feeling too well, opt for crackers and water. No matter what, avoid not eating, as you will want to get something in your stomach. After all, you wouldn’t want to feel dizzy as you make your way down the aisle. So, know that if you feel good, you will much more at ease to take part in your wedding festivities.
- Take Part in an Engagement Photo Session. Having someone capture your photos on your big day who you have never met or don’t know very well can seem a tad bit intimidating! However, you shouldn’t worry, as this is completely normal. Your wedding photographer will be photographing each and every moment of your big day, and some brides and grooms can feel pressured in front of the camera, which certainly isn’t ideal. You will want to be entirely comfortable when having your photos captured, to present organic and beautiful images. While your photographer will of course do their best to promote ease for your photo sessions, you can prepare even further by taking part in an engagement photo session. This way, you can get comfortable with your photographer, as well as in front of the camera, so that you are prepared to have your photos captured at your wedding. This will certainly aid in putting you at ease, which will allow you to truly enjoy your celebration.
- Have First-Look Photos Captured on Your Wedding Day. Nerves will most likely be running high on your wedding day! You will want to ensure that your big day flows perfectly, so your mind will certainly be racing. If you choose to take part in a first-look photo session, you can take a moment to relax with your partner. Forget about all of the distractions, and focus on the love and intimacy that you and your partner share with one another. Not only will you be presented with an array of romantic photos, but you will get a chance to take a breather, and ease your mind, which will certainly have you experiencing some relaxation before your walk down the aisle.
Feeling relaxed and at ease on your wedding day is certainly of importance! After all, you will want to thoroughly enjoy your celebration, and be anything but stressed out. These are just a few ways in which you can ease your nerves on your own big day. So, prepare ahead of time, relax during the week prior to your wedding, and let the focus of your wedding day be on nothing but celebrating with your new spouse and all of your closest friends and family members.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, we would be honored with the opportunity to capture the celebratory and heartfelt emotions of your wedding day. If you are still in search of a devoted and passionate Columbus wedding photographer, please feel free to get in touch with us today, as we would be honored with the opportunity to capture every special moment of your big day.