If you are now engaged, congratulations! It will now be time to begin planning your wedding. So many elements will come together to create your dream big day. A delicious meal, gorgeous linens, stunning centerpieces, a beautiful dress; each detail will play a key part in showcasing the interests of you and your partner, and what makes your relationship unique.
Seeing as your wedding is a once in a lifetime experience, you will certainly want to ensure that it is planned to perfection, not just for you, but for your closest friends and family members who have all joined together to celebrate with you. You will want your wedding to be a celebration that impresses your guests and is remembered for the many years to come! Therefore, you will certainly want to ensure that it is properly planned, and that no task goes uncompleted.
We understand the importance of planning the perfect wedding! That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have gathered some of the top tasks that you will want to ensure that you complete as you plan your own wedding. If you are ready to gain some great insight, be sure to continue reading:
- Give Yourself Plenty of Time to Plan. Planning a wedding isn’t something that happens overnight. In fact, to ensure that you prepare the wedding of your dreams, it would be ideal to start your planning about a year in advance. This way, you can experience ease as you plan, instead of rushing the creation of your details. In addition, you can have an ample amount of time to meet with your potential wedding vendors and ensure that you choose and are able to book the best ones for your big day.
- Create a Wedding Budget. Without money, your wedding just wouldn’t be possible to create. Therefore, you will need to develop a budget. Knowing how much you have to spend overall will assist you with planning each wedding detail. However, while you may have created a budget, it is even more important that you stick to it! After all, you don’t want to start off your marriage with debt, do you?
- When creating your budget, know the overall amount of money that you have to spend in total on your wedding. From there, you can then create smaller budgets, such as for your cuisine, dress, and flowers.
- In addition, it would be ideal to open a separate bank account specifically for your wedding, so that you can easily track your spending and the items purchased.
- Choose the Perfect Setting. Booking your wedding venue should be one of the first tasks completed when planning your big day, as it will pose as basically the base of your wedding, as well as be a determining factor for many of your other wedding details. When searching for yours, it is important to keep a couple key factors in mind:
- First, know that size is of importance! You will want to guarantee that your chosen venue will comfortably seat all of your guests, as you certainly wouldn’t want anyone to feel cramped.
- Next, you will want the appearance of your venue to complement your theme and color scheme. For example, you most likely wouldn’t want to choose a rustic wedding venue if you are having a beach-themed wedding.
- Finally, keep location in mind. Will you be hosting both your wedding ceremony and reception at the same location? Or, will you and your guests have to travel? You will want your venue to be convenient for everyone to attend.
- Develop a Scrumptious Menu. Food is a big part of your big day! Your guests will be looking forward to the delicious cuisine that you will be presenting. Therefore, what you plan on serving should be given careful consideration. Each guest has their own taste when it comes to food, so you will certainly want to ensure that you offer a few options that will please the taste buds of all. Here are some things you will want to keep in mind when developing your menu:
- It would be ideal to offer at least two proteins, such as beef and chicken. However, you can go the extra mile and offer seafood as well. In addition, a vegetarian option should also be served, for those with dietary restrictions.
- As mentioned above, some guests may present dietary restrictions, and should be able to enjoy your meal too! Therefore, you should consider showcasing gluten-free and vegan menu options as well.
- If you are having children attend your wedding, they may not be a fan of the elegantly plated meal you may be presenting. Offering kid-friendly meal options, such as chicken tenders or macaroni and cheese, will ensure that guests of all ages have something to eat that they can enjoy.
- Remember to Preserve Your Memories. Through photography, you can ensure that each special wedding memory is preserved. After all, the photos from your big day will be how you will remember your celebration and share it with others.
- When searching for your wedding photographer, it is important to take a look at your potential photographer’s style, to ensure that their photos represent an appearance that you want for your own wedding photo album.
- In addition, taking part in an engagement photoshoot before the big day will allow you to get a feel for how your wedding photography will be, as well as provide you with the opportunity to see if you mesh well with the photographer.
Your wedding day is an incredibly important celebration within your life and should certainly be planned to perfection! These are just a few of the top tasks that you will want to ensure that you complete as you plan yours. Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, we would be honored to be a part of your big day! Please feel free to contact us today to book your Columbus wedding photographer.