Are you and your partner now engaged? If so, congratulations, as you have now reached a wonderful milestone within your life. You are no longer boyfriend and girlfriend, but not yet husband and wife. This time within your life is considered “marriage limbo”, and certainly won’t last long, as you will soon be married.
In order to cherish this once in a lifetime milestone within your life, you will certainly need to celebrate! And, the best way to do so is with an engagement party. Whether you will be hosting your own party, or will be having a friend or family member do it for you, you will want to ensure that it is planned to perfection.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as an engagement photographer in Columbus, Ohio, we believe that every couple should embrace their engagement with a festive celebration! That’s why we have gathered some tips to assist you with planning your own engagement party. Would you like to gain some great insight? If so, you will certainly want to continue reading:
- Announce Your New Relationship Status. First off, you and your partner will want to announce your engagement to all of your friends and family members. By taking part in an engagement photoshoot, know that you will receive an array of romantic photos that would be ideal to use for your announcements. Your friends and family members will certainly be pleased to receive your images, and will be looking forward to the many festivities to come, such as your engagement party and your wedding day.
- Choose a Date. Before you can move forward with planning any details for your engagement party, you must first choose a date. Typically, the engagement party is hosted a couple of months after you say “yes!”. This way, you can spend some time with your partner, embracing your new relationship status, as well as have an ample amount of time to plan your party.
- Determine Your Location. After you have determined your date, you can then move forward with searching for a location that presents availability. Just as with choosing a location for your wedding, there are many settings available that you could opt for. If you are seeking a more elegant and modern appeal for your celebration, consider booking a banquet hall. Or, for a more laid back and relaxed festivity, you could choose a friend or family member’s home, backyard, or a park setting. It all comes down to the type of vibe that you would like to present for yours.
- Showcase a Sense of Style. Once you have your date and location set in stone, it will them be time to determine how you would like your engagement party to appear. With many styles to choose from, you certainly won’t be at a loss of options when choosing yours. Ideally, you should choose a look that reflects the theme that you will be choosing to present on your wedding day. Some of the most popular styles chosen by couples are:
- Rustic Elegance. If you love the appearance of the country, you can choose elements such as mason jars, which are great to utilize for your centerpiece vessels. For your flowers, consider natural beauties, such as baby’s breath or wildflowers. If you create loosely comprised floral arrangements, it will complement the organic beauty that the country presents. In addition, wooden details, such as wooden rounds or crates, would add even more rustic elegance to your celebration.
- Nautical Beauty. The beach is beautiful! So, it’s no surprise that couples opt for presenting a nautical theme for their engagement party. Blues, tans, and whites are often showcased when choosing colors for details such as tablecloths and chair covers. In addition, elements of décor, such as starfish, anchors, and sand, can be highlighted to complement this elegant theme.
- Vintage Sophistication. Do you have an appreciation for the past? If so, your heart many be drawn towards a vintage theme. By presenting lace details, such as for your table runners, you can add a dash of sophistication and elegance to your space. In addition, opt for tea cups, china, along with tin and copper details, to highlight this lovely style.
- Complement Your Style with Decorations. In order to impress your guests, you will want to showcase a beautiful engagement party! As guests enter your venue, they should be “wowed”, and the best way to do so is by presenting stunning elements of décor. By purchasing linens and charger plates, you can ensure that your tables evoke elegance. To add even more pizzazz to your presentation, utilize lovely floral arrangements for your centerpieces. If you are seeking to go the extra mile with your decorations, opt for chair covers and sashes too, as the will provide even more flair.
- Provide Festive Entertainment. What would a party be without entertainment? You will want to ensure that your guests have a fantastic time at your celebration! In addition to presenting a delicious meal, other great forms of fun would be a photo booth, allowing your guests to capture and preserve the memories from your engagement party. Also, music will create a wonderful atmosphere, so a live band would be best for this type of event. If you are seeking to present an even more unique form of entertainment, consider a caricature artist. The opportunities are truly endless when it comes to providing your guests with fun!
An engagement party is the perfect way for you and your new fiancé to celebrate your new relationship status and this wonderful milestone in life! With a party that is planned to perfection, you can ensure that you present a one of a kind event that you and your guests will truly cherish. These are just a few tips to assist you with planning yours.
We believe that every couple deserves to present wonderful events when it comes to getting married! And, these festivities certainly deserve to be remembered. Through professional photography, you can ensure that no special memory will go without recognition. So, if you are interested in preserving your own memories, please contact us here at Curtis Wallis Photography, a Columbus, Ohio engagement photographer.