What are you most looking forward to on your wedding day? Surely, it is marrying your soul mate and vowing to spend the rest of your lives creating your own adventure, together. But, there is more to it than reciting your vows and kissing your new spouse. Every single detail of your ceremony will work together to form your nuptial experience.
On your big day, one of the most heartfelt moments will be seeing your spouse to-be for the first time as a bride or groom. They will spend hours getting all dolled up to present the perfect wedding style with their lovely makeup, elegant hair, and flawless attire. Your spouse is excited to create an incredible wedding look and is even more excited to share their beautiful appearance with you.
A first-look is a great way to soak up every beautiful detail of your spouse to-be on your big day. But, walking down the aisle may not be the best way to them for the first time. You will likely have to work around the crowd to catch a glimpse of your partner, and distance is another inconvenience that will hinder your view. So, choosing to do a first-look before your wedding ceremony will ensure that your experience is remarkable and intimate.
We believe that your wedding day should be a unique and intimate experience for both you and your partner! There should always be time on your wedding day to spend a few minutes alone with one another. That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have put together a few reasons as to why you should have a first-look moment before your wedding ceremony. To discover what these reasons are, be sure to continue reading:
Inspiration for your first look.
- A Truly Intimate Moment. Your wedding day will be filled with loved ones. They have traveled from near and far to watch you and your true love tie the knot. You will spend your day hosting your wedding celebration and entertaining your guests. It can be extremely difficult to enjoy your nuptials with your partner on a more intimate level with so many festivities taking place. Taking a few moments to spend with only your partner will be a difficult task. But, when you choose to do a pre-ceremony first-look with your partner, you get a moment to enjoy each other’s company. It will be a truly intimate moment for your both, one that will certainly be cherished.
- Enjoy Your First-Look at A Relaxed Pace. When your first-look takes place before your wedding ceremony, you can give yourself as much time as needed to really enjoy the moment. Creating an itinerary will allow you, your partner, and your photographer plenty of time to pencil in a relaxed first-look that moves at a comfortable pace for all of you. After all, if you feel rushed, it will show within your photos. And, it can take away from the special feeling of your first-look. Your wedding day is all about the love you share, and no part of it should be rushed. Allow yourself a chance to relax before your grand debut and soak up the image of your spouse to-be in their flawless wedding attire.
- More Bang for Your Buck. The more photos you are able to capture, the bigger selection you will have for your wedding album. If you are rushed, your photographer will have very little time to capture as many stunning photos as possible. When you capture photos of your first-look before you start your walk down the aisle, you can ensure that you have plenty of time to capture as many photos as possible. With optimal time, your photographer can explore many different angles and light sources to produce incredibly unique photos of your special moment. No photos will be the same, and you will have a wider variety of images. Basically, you will get more bang for your buck.
- The Best View in The House. Could you imagine how excited you will be to see your spouse make their grand entrance? If you don’t do a first-look before your wedding ceremony, you will have to get your first view of your spouse and their wedding look as they make their way down the aisle. Think of all the different ways in which your view could be blocked. Whether your guests are in your view, or your partner is busy smiling at your guests, you could miss out on seeing them entirely. Not only will you miss out, but your partner will miss the heartfelt reaction you will have as you see them for the first time. You don’t have to miss out on these crucial details when you make time for your first-look before your wedding ceremony.
- Ease Pre-Wedding Jitters. It’s completely normal to have pre-wedding jitters. Having a cocktail with your bridesmaids or groomsmen before your grand entrance is a wonderful way to ease them. But, there is a better way to calm your nerves, and that is by spending a little time with your partner. All of your doubts and nerves will melt away as you see that face and the love that fills those eyes as you and your partner experience your first-look together before your wedding ceremony. The smiles, gasps, happy tears, and embraces will be more than enough to remind you just how wonderful you both are together. You can proceed with the rest of your wedding day knowing that your partner is just as in love with you, as you are with them.
These are only a few reasons as to why you should consider doing a first-look photoshoot before your wedding ceremony. This will be an unforgettable moment for you and your partner and deserves to take place during a special time before your ceremony. Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a Columbus, Ohio wedding photographer, we would be honored to capture your precious nuptials, as we can showcase your wedding highlights beautifully through professional photography. Contact us today to begin planning with your photography in Columbus.