Getting married will be one of your most cherished moments in life! You will get to vow your love to your partner, in front of all of your closest friends and family members. What could be more special than that? While creating your big day will certainly be exciting for you and your partner, know that there are many tasks that you will need to complete. However, there are also some mistakes that you will want to avoid making as well when it comes to planning your wedding.
Tips and Inspiration for Planning Your Wedding Music
So many tasks will need to be completed in order for you to bring your big day to life. This can certainly seem quite overwhelming! However, if you are prepared, and aware of how to properly go about your wedding planning process, you can have confidence that your big day will be planned to perfection. But, as you plan, you will also want to make yourself aware of some things that you should avoid doing, to ensure that your planning flows with ease.
Reasons Why Professional Wedding Photography Is a Great Investment
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, we are honored with the opportunity to assist and inspire brides and grooms who are planning their big day! That’s why we have gathered some of the top mistakes that you will want to avoid making as you plan your own wedding. If you are interested in learning what these mistakes are, be sure to continue reading to take in some great insight:
- Assuming That Your Wedding Guests Will or Will Not Be Attending Your Big Day. One of the first tasks that you will complete as you begin planning your wedding will be creating your guest list. Your guest list will be the determining factor of many of your wedding details, such as how large of a venue you will need to book and how much food and drinks that you will be serving. Therefore, the total number is of importance! Unfortunately, you won’t know how many guests you will have attending until your RSVP cards are returned. Therefore, you will always want to go with your highest number when planning your wedding details. So, don’t assume that certain guests will or will not be attending your big day. After all, it is best to have too much of something, such as space and food, rather than not enough.
- Not Having an Unplugged Wedding Ceremony. You wedding ceremony is the most important part of your big day! It is where you will vow your love to your partner, committing yourselves to one another for as long as you both shall live. What could be more cherished than that? Seeing as your ceremony is such a crucial part of your wedding, you will certainly want to capture each and every moment of it, which is why you have invested in a professional wedding photographer! So, leave the photography to your photographer. After all, you hired them for a reason. By choosing to have an unplugged wedding ceremony, you can guarantee that only beautiful and professional photos will be presented. In addition, you won’t have to worry about your photos being comprised of guests trying to capture their own photos of your ceremony. With an unplugged wedding ceremony, there will be no intrusions from your guests trying to take their own photos, and you won’t have to worry about anyone exposing personal photos of your big day.
- Not Having a Backup Plan When It Comes to Weather. Have you chosen to have an outdoor wedding? If so, know that you have made a wonderful choice, as the outdoors certainly presents an array of beautiful settings that you could choose from for such a celebratory event, from the sandy beaches to the rustic country. However, the outdoors also presents its own set of elements that could put a damper on your big day, such as the weather! Rain, wind, heat, cold; unfortunately, the weather is quite unpredictable. Therefore, being prepared is of importance. Having a backup plan is a must when planning your outdoor wedding.
- It would be best to choose a venue that presents both indoor and outdoor sites, so that if the weather is not in your favor, you can easily move indoors. Or, consider utilizing canopies or tents, to shield you and your guests from any negative weather elements that may be presented.
- In addition, keep the comfort of your guests in mind. By providing hand fans and bottled water, you can help to protect your guests from the heat in the spring or summer.
- For fall or winter weddings, consider presenting shawls, throw blankets, or industrial heaters, to keep you and your guests warm and toasty.
- Not Following Up with Your Wedding Vendors Before the Big Day Arrives. You will be hiring an array of wedding vendors to bring your big day to life! From your photographer to your caterer, each professional will present an important service. It is important that you follow up with each of your vendors during the week before your wedding, to ensure that everyone is all set to service your big day. In addition, this will allow you to relax and put your mind at ease, knowing that each vendor is prepared and ready to go.
- Not Taking Part in a Bridal Beauty Trial Run Before Your Wedding Day. Have you discovered the perfect look for your makeup along with a hairstyle that you absolutely adore? While the style may appear beautiful within a magazine or online, it doesn’t mean that it is the right look for you personally. Therefore, you will want to take part in a bridal beauty trial run before the big day arrives. This way, you can have confidence in your look for your grand debut down the aisle. After all, you wouldn’t want to decide you didn’t like a bridal beauty detail when it’s too late.
Advice for Being Photographed Confidently as a Shy Bride on Your Wedding Day
When you are prepared when planning your wedding, you will certainly be able to enjoy the experience and create the big day of your dreams! These are just a few mistakes that you will want to avoid as you plan yours.
How to Begin Planning Your Wedding
Are you all set to book your Columbus wedding photographer? If so, please contact us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. We would be honored to be a part of your big day, by capturing and preserving all of your precious memories.