Many details will comprise your big day! Linens, charger plates, centerpieces, floral arrangements; there are certainly a multitude of details that you will want to showcase throughout your wedding ceremony and reception, all of which will add a dash of uniqueness and personalization to your special celebration.
However, there is one powerful element of décor that you will need to plan, and that would be your wedding color palette! After all, without color, what would this world be? Quite bland! So, with the addition of color, you can ensure that your big day shines beautifully, just as it should.
But, with so many colors to choose from, how could you possibly decide on just a select few to comprise your wedding color palette? Well, there are actually some tips that you could choose to utilize! And, luckily, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have gathered them for you. Would you like to discover some helpful advice to assist you choosing your own wedding color palette for your big day? If so, be sure to read on, so that you can gain some great insight:
- Add Meaning with Your Favorite Colors. Well, it’s no surprise that the number one tip for choosing your wedding color palette would be to just choose your favorite colors! So, which color is your favorite? And, which is your partner’s? Combine the two to create a personalized duo, adding a great deal of meaning to your big day! And, it allows both you and your partner to contribute to this decision, so that is one less detail that you won’t have to worry about disagreeing on.
- Showcase Meaning with Your Birthstone Colors. You have the opportunity to add some personalization to your wedding décor through color! In fact, if you choose you and your partner’s birthstone colors to comprise your palette, you can not only create a lovely display, but add meaning to your special celebration. From emerald to turquoise, your big day can showcase a lovely display with your birthstone colors.
- Complement the Season in Which you Plan to Wed. Which season do you plan to tie the knot? Know that you could choose colors to complement the month in which you will be saying “I do”. Here are some colors that you could choose to present for your own seasonal wedding:
- An Elegant Spring Display. Flowers will certainly be starting to bloom in spring, as lovely colors will fill the world! This season certainly calls for an elegant color palette. So, consider pastels, such as pinks, yellows, and blues, which will allow you to present a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- A Vibrant Summer Presentation. Full of vibrancy, summer is certainly a bright and cheery season! When considering colors for your summer nuptials, opt for ones that will complement the sunshine that these months showcase. Bright oranges, yellows, and pinks would be most fitting.
- A Rich Fall Sense of Style. A fall wedding is certainly beautiful! As it allows you to showcase a more deep and rich sense of style. For your colors, consider rich and dark hues, such as deep reds and purples, which will certainly allow you to create a powerful display for your big day.
- A Winter Wonderland Appeal. Are you seeking to host a winter wonderland themed wedding? If so, white should certainly be the number one color utilized, if not the only color. However, if you want to add in an additional hue, consider icy blues, to complement the snow and crisp air that this chilly season presents.
- Happy Holidays! If you are choosing to host your wedding in winter, and showcase a holiday theme, you can complement the season with reds and greens! In addition, you can amp up your presentation even further by incorporate gold details, to add a dash of elegance.
- Complement Your Wedding Theme. You have most likely chosen a theme for your big day! If so, you will want your wedding colors to complement your chosen style. Here are some of the top themes chosen by couples, and colors to complement them:
- Showcase Your Love of the Country with a Rustic Theme. A rustic wedding is certainly beautiful, as it lets you showcase the gorgeous elements of the country. For yours, consider choosing browns, tans, and whites for your colors. In addition, burlap is a great detail of décor to utilize.
- Keep Up with the Trends with a Modern Theme. If you are seeking to display a modern sense of style, you add some pizzazz to your presentation by creating a color palette comprised of silvers and golds. This stunning duo will certainly add some flair to your big day.
- Complement Your Enjoyment of the Past with a Vintage Theme. Many couples adore the style that a vintage theme presents! If this is the case for you, consider complementing your theme with off-whites, light blues, and light yellows. You will certainly be able to create a timeless display with these hues.
- If you are still in search of the perfect wedding theme for your own big day, take a look at our recent blog article: Top Wedding Themes
By choosing the perfect wedding color palette, you can ensure that your big day shines beautifully, just as it should! After all, color is incredibly powerful, and it will allow you to create a showstopping display that will certainly impress your wedding guests. We hope that these tips have assisted you with comprising your own wedding color palette.
In addition, if you are still seeking a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio to capture your wedding colors and all of the other beautiful details of your big day, please get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. As a Columbus wedding photographer, we would be more than pleased to be a part of your special celebration, as it is a true honor to present couples with images that they will cherish for the rest of their lives.