Planning your big day will certainly be an experience of a lifetime! There are so many tasks that will be listed among your wedding planning to-do list, all of which will require your utmost attention. From hiring the best of the best wedding vendors, to ensuring that each item among your wedding menu tastes absolutely delicious, you will certainly be quite busy. After all, your wedding is a once in a lifetime celebration, and deserves to be planned to perfection.
With so much to do and only so little time, it could be easy to make mistakes as you plan your wedding! However, if you are aware of some mistakes that you should avoid making beforehand, you can ensure that you are prepared, allowing you to plan your happily ever after with ease.
We understand just how important it is to plan your big day to be all that you hoped it would be! After all, there are no do-overs when it comes to your wedding, so it certainly deserves to be nothing less than spectacular. That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have gathered some mistakes that you will want to avoid making as you plan your own wedding. Would you like to discover what these mistakes are? If so, be sure to continue reading, to gain some helpful insight:
- Avoid Beating Around the Bush with Your Wedding Invitations. When sending out your wedding invitations, you will want to be clear as to who is invited. You won’t want your guests to wonder if members of their family can join them to celebrate your nuptials with you. So, instead of addressing the invitation to “Mr. John Smith”, who also has a wife and kids, present “Mr. & Mrs. John Smith & Family”. This way, your guests won’t have to question who they can and cannot bring along with them to big day.
- Avoid Presenting Your Gift Registry Information Among Your Wedding Invitations. The last thing you will want to do is make your guests feel as though they must purchase a wedding gift for you. Therefore, you should avoid presenting your gift registry information among your wedding invitations. If your registry information is listed right on your invitations, it will appear as though purchasing a gift is more of obligation, rather than a gesture. So, instead, create a separate insert for your gift registry information. In addition, a non-pressuring message to accompany your gift registry information would be appropriate, such as “If you choose to congratulate the newlyweds on their new marriage, here is how you can do so…”.
- Avoid Bringing Along a Large Wedding Dress Shopping Entourage. While you most likely have an array of lovely ladies who would love to accompany you as you search for your dream wedding dress, it doesn’t mean that they should all tag along. In fact, it is best to keep your wedding dress shopping entourage small. With too many people comes to many opinions, which could overall cloud your judgement and hinder your decision when it comes to choosing a gown for your special day. With a small wedding dress shopping entourage, you can keep the opinions at bay, and focus on choosing the best gown for your big day.
- Avoid Any Changes in Weight After Purchasing Your Wedding Dress. Once you have discovered the perfect wedding dress, it will then be created for you. Once created, you will then have alterations completed to ensure that it fits to perfection for your grand debut down the aisle. Therefore, you won’t want to present any significant changes in your weight. So, don’t take part in that pre-wedding diet, but don’t indulge either. By maintaining your weight, you can ensure that you wedding dress will fit like a glove on your big day.
- Avoid Having Any Interruptions During Your Wedding Ceremony. As you make your way down the aisle during your wedding ceremony, the last thing you would want to experience is your guests getting in the way as they are trying to take their own photos. You can avoid having any interruptions during your special event by choosing to host an unplugged wedding. By presenting a sign at the entrance of your wedding ceremony that notifies guests that your wedding is unplugged, you can have confidence that you won’t encounter any intrusions during one of the most special moments of your life.
- Avoid Telling People What They Must Wear to Your Wedding. Are you planning on having a dress code when it comes to your wedding? If so, you will need to notify your guests of your decision. However, you will want to do so politely. Instead of telling guests what they must where to your wedding, provide the with options. If you are choosing to host a black-tie affair, ask that the gentlemen wear either a tuxedo or a suit, and that the women wear either an evening gown or cocktail dress. By providing your guests with options, rather than just one style of clothing, they will feel as though you aren’t demanding them to wear something specific.
Planning your wedding doesn’t have to be a difficult task! In fact, if you are prepared by knowing what mistakes you should avoid making, you can carry on with planning your big day with ease. After all, this experience should be greatly enjoyed by both you and your partner, allowing you to create memories that will last a lifetime.
With that being said, if you are all set to capture and preserve the special memories that you will create by hiring a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, please contact us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. As a Columbus wedding photographer, we understand just how important it is to capture each and every detail of a wedding. After all, photography will be how you will remember all of your most precious memories. Therefore, each photo captured should evoke nothing but emotion, creativity, and uniqueness, so that you can be presented with a collection of images that will be truly cherished for the many years to come.