There will be many photography sessions that you will take part in on your wedding day! From formal photo with your closest friends and family members, festive photos with bridesmaids, groomsmen, flower girls, and ring bearers, and emotional-filled photos that showcase nothing but love and romance with your spouse to-be, you can ensure that you will have many images that you will be proud of to preserve your special celebration.
However, there is one photo session that shouldn’t be overlooked, as it will really add a pop of flair to your wedding photo collection, and that would be a first-look photo session!
Are you planning on having your own first-look photo session on your big day? If so, you have made a wonderful choice! As there are so many ways in which first-look photos can add a great deal of romance, emotion, and love to your wedding photo album. Are you aware of what these reasons are?
In order to be presented with first-look photos that you will truly cherish, you will certainly want to ensure that you plan your photo session to perfection! That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have gathered some great tips to assist you with planning yours, as well as wonderful insight as to why you should take part in one of these beneficial photo sessions. If you are all set to discover some helpful information, be sure to continue reading to learn more:
- The Benefits of Having a First-Look Photo Session. First off, you should make yourself aware of the many benefits of having a first-look photo session on your wedding day. Here are some of the top reasons as to why you should take part in your own intimate photo session:
- It Will Ease Any Pre-Wedding Jitters. You have spent months, if not years, planning your happily ever after. Therefore, you could be overwhelmed, and experiencing some pre-wedding jitters (don’t worry, as this is completely normal). By taking part in a first-look photo session, you can ease your jitters, as you will be able to spend some alone time with your partner before your wedding ceremony. And, there is certainly no one better to assist you with feeling relaxed than your special someone.
- You Will Be Presented with Romantic Photos. While you will have many photos captured on your wedding day, first-look photos certainly are the most romantic! You will be able to capture the emotions of the moment, as you and your partner lay eyes on one another for the first time as a bride and groom. These photos will certainly be ones to cherish, as they will add a great deal of intimacy to your wedding photo collection.
- There Won’t Be Any Interruptions. Making your way down the aisle on your big day will certainly be a wonderful experience! However, your partner may not be able to grasp your full bridal beauty. Guests could get in the way as they try and view you or take their own photos. Or, you could be too far away for your partner to really get a good look at you. However, if you choose to embark on a first-look photo session, you can ensure that you won’t have any intrusions, and that you and your partner can successfully grasp the beauty of the moment in its entirety.
- Discover a Private Location. You won’t want to have any interruptions as you take part in your first-look photo session. After all, this is a truly intimate and emotional moment for you and your partner, and you will want it to remain private. So, discover a secluded location where you can ensure that no intrusions will occur.
- Create a Memorable Presentation. How do you want your first-look photo session to be presented? There are actually a couple of ways in which you can add a dash of personalization to your session. Here are some of the top options to inspire you:
- A Traditional Approach. If you are seeking to showcase traditional first-look photos, you can have your partner facing away from you, and then you can make your way to them. Once you arrive, have them turn around and embrace the moment. This is a wonderful way to capture photos that are full of intimacy and emotion.
- Utilize a Blindfold. For a more fun first-look photo session, consider blind folding your partner. Once they are blindfolded, make your way to them, remove the blindfold, and let them evoke their excited emotions as they lay their eyes on you for the first time as a bride. These images will certainly add a dash of pizzazz to your wedding photo collection.
- Let Your Photographer Inspire You. While you will have chosen a wonderful location for your first-look photo session, you will still want to ensure that it is captured at the best angle, and utilizes the most efficient lighting. So, let your photographer know where you plan on having your special images captured, so that they can inspire your session by making you aware of the best location to stand, and the most efficient way to have your images captured. This way, you can be prepared, and have confidence that you will be presented with outstanding images to complete your wedding album.
A first-look photo session certainly will be a wonderful addition to your collection of wedding photos! These are just a few of the many reasons as to why you should have your own captured, and tips to prepare you with preparing your session.
In addition, if you are all set to book your own wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, to capture your romantic first-look photos and all of the details of your big day, please get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. As a Columbus wedding photographer, we would be more than honored to be a part of your happily ever after, and present you with images that you will cherish for the many years to come.