Are you now engaged? If so, congratulations! You will now have the opportunity to begin planning a fantastic wedding, to commit yourself to your partner for the rest of your life. Seeing as your wedding day will be comprised of a delicious cuisine, festive activities, and moments that will be remembered by all who attend, you will certainly want to ensure that it is planned to perfection.
So many details will work together to create your big day! Therefore, it is important that you begin your planning the right way. With many tasks that you will need to complete, it can be all too overwhelming to know where to start.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we believe that every couple should plan the wedding of their dreams! After all, your big day is a once in a lifetime experience. That’s why we have gathered some of the first tasks that you will want to do after becoming engaged. Would you like to discover what these tasks are? If so, be sure to continue reading:
- Announce Your Engagement. Now that you are engaged, it is time to spread the news! If you take part in an engagement photoshoot, you can be presented with lovely photos that can be used as your announcements. Send out the photos to all of your closest friends and family members, letting them know of your new relationship status, and that a wedding is on the way!
- Set a Budget for Your Big Day. Your wedding day won’t be free, or inexpensive. Therefore, it is important to create a budget, so that you know exactly how much money that you have to spend on all of your wedding details. Create an overall budget that you have to spend on your entire wedding as a whole, and from there, create smaller budgets for each element, such as for your catering and your wedding dress. In addition, it would be best to open up a separate bank account primarily for your wedding, so that you can keep your finances separate and easily keep track of your spending.
- Create a Guest List. With so many close friends and family members, you will want to create a guest list to know exactly how many people you will have attending your big day. Your guest list is a very important factor when it comes to planning your wedding, as it will be the determining factor for how large of a venue you must book, how much food you must serve, and many other wedding details.
- Set a Date for Your Wedding. When do you want to get married? The first step towards planning your big day will be to set the date. After all, you won’t be able to move forward with booking any of your other wedding elements until you know what day you plan to tie the knot.
- Choose a Venue. Next, you will want to choose the location for your wedding. What vision do you have for your big day? When it comes to deciding on a venue, know that you have many options. If you are seeking to showcase a rustic-themed wedding, consider choosing a farm or a barn. For a more modern appearance, a loft or upscale venue would be best. And, for the more traditional couple, saying “I do” within a church and celebrating within a banquet hall would present just the right style.
- Go on the Hunt for the Perfect Wedding Dress. Your wedding dress will be your most gorgeous adornment as a bride! Therefore, you will want to get a head start on your dress shopping. Ideally, it is best to begin your dress shopping at least 10 months prior to your big day, as once you purchase your dress it will still need to be created, and you will most likely still need to take part in many alteration appointments, to ensure that it fits just right.
- Send Out Your Save the Date Cards. Once you have decided on a date and location for your wedding, you will want to share the news with your guests, so that they can get a head start on preparing to attend your nuptials. Save the Date cards should be sent out about eight to twelve months prior to your wedding day if you have chosen to have a destination wedding. However, if your wedding will be local, sending out your Save the Date cards four months in advance would be best.
- Comprise a Delicious Menu. Your wedding guests will arrive at your big day anticipating a scrumptious meal! Therefore, you will want to comprise a tasty menu. First off, you will want to decide if you would like to present a plated meal or a buffet. In addition, it is important to keep your guests in mind, as some may have dietary restrictions. So, presenting at least two proteins, such as beef and chicken, would best. Also, vegetarian and gluten-free options should be considered as well. And, if you have children attending your wedding, consider creating a menu just for them, so that guests of all ages and food interests can have a meal that they will thoroughly enjoy.
- Choose a Style for Your Decorations. From your wedding ceremony to your reception, your big day will showcase its own, exclusive style. What vision do you have in mind for yours? From rustic to modern, you have array of beautiful styles that you could choose to display. You will want to give a great deal of consideration to the look that you choose to present, and then choose the details of your wedding to complement your chosen style.
Every wedding should be planned to perfection! After all, it will be a once in a lifetime event for you, your partner, and your guests, and it deserves to be spectacular! These are just a few tasks that you will want to complete as you begin to plan your own big day.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a Columbus wedding photographer, we would be honored with the opportunity to capture your wedding day and each detail that comprises it. If you are ready to book your wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, please feel free to get in touch with us today.