Wedding trends are a wonderful way to make your big day your own! After all, a once in a lifetime event deserves to showcase one of a kind details. From unique traditions to trendy color palettes, there are certainly an array of creative trends that pop up each year in the world of weddings.
Take a Look at How to Capture Columbus Engagement Photos That Are Full of Personalization
Are you considering incorporating trends into your own wedding? If so, you may be curious as to which ones have debuted this year.
View Columbus Wedding Favors That Your Guests Will Love
We believe that every wedding should showcase a great deal of uniqueness! That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as Columbus wedding photographers, we have gathered some of the top wedding trends that you can expect to see this year. If you would like to discover what these trends are, be sure to continue reading, so that you can become inspired:
Take a Look at Advice for Planning Your Columbus Engagement Photo Session
- Wedding Weekends. Often, weddings are hosted on Saturdays, as they are after the work week, allowing guests to be able to party at your celebration, and still sleep in and relax on Sunday. However, this year, expect to see more Sunday weddings on the rise. By having a Sunday wedding, couples are turning their nuptials into weekend events, especially when it comes to destination weddings, or if out of town guests will be attending. By doing so, the couple can spend a great deal of time with their guests on Saturday, and even have a more relaxed rehearsal dinner, making Sunday an ideal day to tie the knot.
- Edible Wedding Favors. Everyone loves a treat! Therefore, couples are choosing to present edible wedding favors to their guests. If you would like to give your guests a taste of home, consider favors such as jams or honey. Or, for a sweet treat, fresh baked sugar cookies shaped as wedding dresses for the ladies and tuxedos for the gents would be ideal options. In addition, if you fancy a little bit of fun, consider mini bottles of your favorite liquor or wine to gift. The opportunities for deliciousness are truly endless!
- Floral Arrangements That Showcase Quality Over Quantity. When you attend a wedding, you often see large, extravagant floral arrangements. However, couples are now utilizing more expensive and unique blooms, in smaller presentations. So, as the saying goes, “quality over quantity”. By choosing to showcase one of a kind flowers, such as the intricate peony or showstopping calla lily, you can make a statement with your blooms in smaller proportions.
- Delicious Food Bars. You will most likely be serving delicious food at your wedding. However, you have a way to add a dash of fun to your menu by creating scrumptious food bars! You can present a taco bar, with flour tortillas and hard shells, along with an array of meats, such as ground beef and chicken. And, let’s not forget the toppings, such as lettuce, cheese, and tomatoes. Or, consider a baked potato bar, with toppings such as bacon, chives, and sour cream. A food bar will certainly be a tasty addition to your big day!
- A Natural Appearance. Gone are the days where you must showcase smokey eyes and a bold red lip on your wedding day! In fact, brides are opting to present a more natural appearance when it comes to their bridal beauty. Neutral color palettes are allowing brides to accentuate their natural beauty, which certainly highlights a gorgeous appeal for their grand debut down the aisle!
- A Modest Wedding Dress. It is said that the brides’ most beautiful adornment is her wedding dress. And, we certainly believe that to be true! This year, expect to see brides choosing modest wedding dresses to flaunt on their big day. Since the royal wedding, know that Meghan Markle has left her mark on the wedding world, as brides adored her modest wedding gown. So, expect to see dresses that showcase little to know detail, and a modest bodice, allowing the brides’ natural beauty to shine!
- Signature Wedding Drinks. Alcohol is a wonderful way to entertain your wedding guests! However, you can amp up the fun even more by creating signature drinks. You can create one for the bride and one for the groom, to present your guests with options. This is an exciting way to add a dash of personalization to your big day. In addition, it would be best to create some virgin signature drinks as well, so that those who don’t consume alcohol can still indulge in a custom delicious delight.
- Soft Color Palettes. Neutral colors certainly are elegant. Therefore, it’s no surprise that couples are choosing to present soft color palettes throughout their big day! This year, expect to see blush and pastel hues decorating weddings, paired with cool greenery, such as eucalyptus. This combination is sure to showcase showstopping displays!
- Late-Night Bites to Eat. Your wedding will be quite the celebration! As your guests will spend a great deal of time dancing the night away. So, they will most likely lose some energy, and need to refuel. By providing some late-night bites to eat, you can provide your guests will the opportunity to gain some energy back. Foods such as mini sliders and fries, or tomato soup shooters and mini grilled cheese sandwiches, would be great options to present. After all, everyone loves food!
Take a Look at Edible Columbus Wedding Ideas for the Food-Loving Couple
Weddings trends are the perfect way for you to add some fun and personalization to your big day! These are just a few that you should consider showcasing at your own wedding this year.
View Photos to Capture with Your Bridesmaids on Your Columbus Wedding Day
If you are all set to have your own big day captured, trends and all, with a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, please get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. We are always honored to capture such heartfelt celebrations, and we would be pleased to photograph yours as well.
Take a Look at Curtis Wallis Photography’s Columbus Wedding Photography Packages