Making the decision to share the rest of your life with another person is a huge commitment. But, when you find that person who completely understands you, makes your happiness a priority, and shows the loyalty and devotion that you deserve, getting married is a no-brainer. Whether you have always wanted to get married, or have just come around to the decision, you can be confident that your partner is the only one who you would want to tie the knot with.
Now that you have made the decision to spend the rest of your life with your partner and asked for or accepted their hand in marriage, it’s time to get started with your wedding planning. The idea of bringing your dream wedding to life is exhilarating. Your closest friends and family members will gather to celebrate your nuptials.
Planning your wedding will be a wonderful bonding opportunity for you and your partner, as you will work hard to create the perfect wedding day. Every detail will come together to showcase the relationship that you share together and the people you are as individuals. Planning a wedding is a large task. Therefore, it’s important to know where to begin.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we believe that planning your wedding should be an enjoyable experience for you and your partner. That’s why we have put together some first wedding planning to-dos for the newly engaged couple. Feel free to continue reading to learn your first steps in planning your dream wedding:
6 Wedding Planning To-Dos:
- Create A Budget. Ultimately, your budget will depend on your personal financial situation. There are parts of your wedding that parents will be able to pay for, such as rehearsal dinners. Create a budget that you and your fiancé can afford, and if you feel that this will not cover every expense, you can use proper wedding etiquette to discuss extra expenses with your family. A wedding budget will help you achieve your dream wedding, while allowing you to begin your marriage without debt. Before you do anything else, start with a wedding budget.
- Book an Engagement Photoshoot. You are engaged and it’s time to celebrate! What better way to show off your new commitment than with a stunning collection of engagement photos? Whether you share the wonderful news using your engagement photos, or just showcase your love everywhere you can, engagement photos are an investment you will need. After all, you are only engaged for a short time. An engagement photoshoot will allow you to capture your engagement, but it will also give you a chance to know your photographer, as they will likely photograph your wedding day as well.
- A Guest List Rough Draft. Your guest list will likely change before your big day arrives. But, it’s still important to draw up a rough draft of the guests you would like to attend. You can edit it yourselves before you send out invites, but a rough estimate will help you determine who you want to attend your intimate day. It will also help you plan for a specific number of guests. Take the time to sit down with your partner and discuss who you want to be present when you tie the knot, on both sides of the family, so that no one is missed.
- Dream Big. Your wedding day is a once in a lifetime experience. You deserve to have the wedding of your dreams. Don’t be afraid to dream big. If you don’t dream about the possibilities, your potential wedding won’t be realized. Consider everything you could ever hope for on your big day and begin working from there. You will certainly make adjustments for your budget and compromise with your fiancé, but you will still have an unforgettable wedding day.
- Capture Your Big Day. Keepsakes are a lovely way to remember the little details that made your big day so special. But, your most important source of wedding day memories will be your wedding album. Filled with stunning photos of your nuptials, your wedding album will provide a beautiful source of your most treasured wedding moments, from the moment you start getting ready to your last goodbyes as you head to your Honeymoon suite. Be sure to book your photographer sooner rather than later.
- Those Special People. Next, it’s time to decide who will make a wonderful contribution to your wedding day. These special people will be your wedding party. You and your fiancé can sit down and decide how many people you want in your wedding party. Consider those who have supported you and your relationship, and who have always been there for you. Your wedding party members are entrusted with a huge responsibility. They will have a hand in planning bachelor and bachelorette parties, keeping your big day flowing smoothly, and tending to you and your fiancé on your special day. It is a huge responsibility that only dedicated friends should be chosen for.
- Find the Perfect Venue and Set Your Wedding Date. There may be a date you have in mind for your special day, but venue availability may have a different idea. It’s important to decide which is more important, your date or your venue, and work around that. Explore the wonderful venues in your area, or in your chosen location for destination weddings. Consider what amenities they offer, restrictions they set, and how easy it is to access. Also, your venue should work with your chosen wedding theme, and complement your personal style. Once you have chosen your wedding venue, you can announce your wedding date and start creating your Save the Date cards. This is when your engagement photoshoot comes in handy, as a photo of the happy couple would make a lovely addition to your invites.
Your wedding should be planned with ease! These tips can help you get the ball rolling on your wedding planning adventure. Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, we can assist you in capturing the beautiful wedding that you and your fiancé have planned. Feel free to contact us today to book your Columbus photographer.