Your professional wedding photography will be you will remember your big day! Your wedding photographer will be in charge of ensuring that all of your special wedding events are captured, such as your walk down the aisle, your first kiss as newlyweds, your romantic first dance, and your festive bouquet and garter tosses, just to name a few. In addition to photographing events, they will also highlight every detail, such as your stunning wedding rings, the gorgeous flowers that will comprise your arrangements, such as your bouquets and centerpieces, and your delectable wedding cake.
With so many festivities and details to preserve through photography, you will certainly want to ensure that none go without recognition throughout your wedding photo collection. Therefore, you will want to guarantee that your wedding photography is planned to perfection! After all, your photos will be how your most precious memories are preserved.
With the right wedding photographer, and proper planning, you can have confidence that the outcome of your wedding photos will be all that you dreamed they would be! That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have gathered some things that you will want to keep in mind as you plan your own wedding photography. Would you like to discover what these things are? If so, you will certainly want to continue reading, as a way to gain some great insight:
- Don’t Be Anyone but You on Your Wedding Day. You and your partner are one of a kind! You have developed a unique relationship and bond unlike any other, and your personalities are uniquely your own. Seeing as there are no other people in this world who are exactly like you, then you certainly wouldn’t want to appear as anyone but yourselves throughout your wedding photos. So, when having your images captured on your big day, don’t try and appear a certain way. Most couples feel as though they must put on a certain persona in front of the camera, but this just isn’t the case! In fact, acting natural is your best bet for capturing heartfelt and emotional photos that are organic and beautiful. So, smile naturally and pose in a way that is comfortable, so that you will present yourselves in the most real and beautiful way possible. By doing so, you will be incredibly pleased with the outcome of your images.
- Imagine That Your Photographer & The Camera Aren’t Even There. The focus of your wedding day should be on your wedding festivities! Therefore, the last thing that you will want to do is focus on your camera or the photographer. The best images will be captured naturally, and you can ensure this happens by carrying on with your big day, just as it unfolds. So, as you glide across the dance floor with your partner for your first dance, keep your eyes on them. Or, when you are tossing your bridal bouquet in the air for all of the single ladies to catch, savor in the excitement! By carrying on with your special wedding events, you will be able to capture emotions as they occur in the moment, presenting you with a truly stunning array of images.
- Create a List of All of the Formal Photos that You Want Captured. There are many special people in your life. Mothers, Fathers, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins; with so many guests attending your big day that you love so dearly, you will certainly want to ensure that you have photos captured with them. However, your wedding day will be quite the eventful experience, which means that it could be all too easy to overlook some of the photos that you would like to have captured with certain people. So, in order to guarantee that you receive every photo that you please, make a list of all of the guests that you would like to be photographed with! If you present your professional wedding photographer with a list, they can make their way down it to ensure that you and all of your special loved ones receive the recognition that you deserve through photography on your special day.
- Don’t Forget to Have a First-Look Photo Session. Are you seeking to have truly intimate photos captured of you and your partner? Images that highlight the raw and real beauty that you share together as a couple? If so, you will certainly want to take part in a first-look photo session. In addition to receiving loving and intimate photos, a first-look photo session will also provide you with other benefits, such as:
- Easing Any Pre-Wedding Jitters Before Your Walk Down the Aisle. It is normal for a bride and groom to feel a little nervous before their walk down the aisle. However, you have the opportunity to ease your jitters with a first-look photo session! Being able to spend a little quality time with your special someone before you say “I do” will have you experiencing optimum comfort.
- Avoiding Any Photography Interruptions. You will want the first time that your partner lays eyes on you as a bride or groom to be a special and magical moment! With a first-look photo session, it can be! You will have the opportunity to have a private photo session with your partner, ensuring that no interruptions will occur. So, you won’t have to worry about guests getting in your way, or being too far away from your partner for them to really be able to grasp your bridal beauty.
Your wedding photos deserve to be spectacular! After all, your images will be how you will remember your once in a lifetime experience, and should be nothing less that fantastic. These are just a few things that you will want to keep in mind as you plan your own wedding photography.
In addition, if you are still on the hunt for a professional wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio, please get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. With years of experience as a Columbus wedding photographer, we would be incredibly honored with the opportunity to capture and preserve your happily ever after, through emotional and heartfelt photography.