You have most likely been dreaming of your wedding day since you were a little girl. Adorning yourself with a gorgeous wedding dress, having your hair and makeup completed to accentuate your beauty, walking down the aisle to meet your soulmate who will be awaiting you at the altar; getting married will certainly be an event that you will never forget. Then, after you vow your love to one another, place the rings among your fingers, and having your first kiss as a married couple, you will then celebrate at your wedding reception.
Your wedding reception will be filled with delicious food, a first dance, festive activities, such as the bouquet and garter tosses and your wedding cake cutting ceremony, along with an evening of dancing the night away with all of your closest friends and family members. What could be more celebratory than that?
Seeing as you will be having such a festive day, you will certainly want to ensure that each detail is precisely planned, and that you are not missing any elements. After all, your big day just wouldn’t be complete if anything was forgotten.
With so many tasks that will need to be completed to bring your wedding day together, there are some top ones that you will want to make sure that you don’t forget to take care of. Are you aware of what they are? If not, you are in luck, because here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we have gathered some of the top tasks that you will want to complete the week before your wedding. If you would like to gain some great insight and discover what these tasks are, be sure to continue reading:
- Make Sure That Each Detail of Your Bridal Ensemble Fits Perfectly. While you have most likely had many alterations to ensure that your wedding dress fits perfectly, it is still important to try it on one last time during the week before your wedding. Give your full bridal look one final test-run to guarantee that each detail meets the vision for your style. So, try on your wedding dress, veil, shoes, and jewelry, to make sure that each element is picture-perfect.
- Take Part in a Make-up and Hairstyle Trial. You will make your grand debut down the aisle during your wedding ceremony. Therefore, you will want to make sure that your bridal beauty is just right for such a special day. It is important that you actually take part in make-up and hairstyle trials. While you may think that you want an up-do and a bold lipstick color, you may not like the appearance once the big day arrives. So, instead of assuming a style, know for a fact that you will be pleased with the look that you have chosen by giving it a go before the big day.
- Break in Your Shoes to Guarantee Comfort on Your Wedding Day. On Your wedding day, you will be on your feet for many hours. Therefore, you will want to make sure that you are entirely comfortable. While your shoes may be absolutely gorgeous, know that brand new ones most likely won’t promote much comfort until they have been worn a few times, especially when it comes to high heels. So, before your wedding day, wear your shoes a few times around the house. By wearing your shoes inside, you can make sure that they maintain their new and beautiful appearance. In addition, you will break them in, which will assist you with promoting comfort on your big day. Your feet will certainly thank you!
- Prepare All of the Little Details. There are so many little details that often get overlooked when it comes to the big day. It is important that you are entirely prepared and have everything you need at your venue. Did you know that the marriage license is actually one of the most often forgotten items? It’s true! So, ensure that you have yours ready to go for the big day. Or, better yet, deliver your marriage license to your officiant prior to your wedding day, to make sure that it is in safe hands. In addition to your marriage license, the wedding rings should also be placed in a safe location and ready for your wedding ceremony. Your Best Man would pose as the perfect person to ensure that your rings are kept safe and ready for their debut within your wedding ceremony.
- Follow-Up with All of Your Wedding Vendors. Your wedding vendors will create your big day. Therefore, it is important that you follow-up with each of them prior to the wedding. A phone call or email to each of them to ensure that they are prepared and still able to service your wedding will put your mind and ease, knowing that everyone is on the same page. Verify their arrival time, the services they will be presenting, and the price. In addition, ensure that you have all payments prepared for them for when the big day arrives.
- Go Over All Finalizations. With so many details that will go into the creation of your wedding, there are many finalizations that will need to take place. It is important to contact any guests who have yet to RSVP, so that you can be presented with a final headcount. In addition, preparing a final shotlist for your photographer, a timeline for your vendors, and ensuring that you have all of your minor details in place, will have you prepared for your special day.
Your wedding day will be one of the most special days of your life. Marrying your soulmate is a once in a lifetime experience that you will certainly cherish. Therefore, it is incredibly important that you are prepared for such a celebratory occasion. These are just a few tasks that you will want to take care of the week before your wedding. Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a Columbus wedding photographer, we are honored to capture weddings. Please contact us today to book your wedding photographer in Columbus, Ohio.