If you are reading this article, you are likely engaged. So, congratulations! We are so excited for you, and the fact that you are interested in having your engagement photos captured.
However, in order to capture engagement photos that you will be proud of, you will want to ensure that you plan your photo session to perfection!
We understand just how important it is for couples to be presented with engagement photos that will beautifully preserve their journey to their happily ever after! That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis photography, as a Columbus engagement photographer, we have gathered some tips to assist you with planning your own engagement photo session. If you are all set to take in some wonderful advice, be sure to continue reading:
- Choose a Beautiful Location. First off, you will need to choose a location to have your engagement photos captured at. Your setting will be an essential part of your photo session, as it will pose as the backdrop for your images. Here are some tips for choosing a location for your own engagement photo session:
- Choose a Location Full of Meaning: You can add some personalization to your images by choosing a setting that holds meaning to you and your partner. Consider locations such as where you met, had your first date, or where your marriage proposal took place.
- Consider a Setting That Evokes a Great Deal of Beauty. The world is beautiful. So, venture outdoors and have your love story captured! A setting that evokes nothing but beauty, such as a gorgeous park, among a river, or even right within the city, would certainly pose as wonderful locations for you photo session. The opportunities are truly endless!
- Keep Foot Traffic in Mind. When choosing a location for your engagement photos, you will want to consider how public it is. It would be best to avoid a setting that has a lot of foot traffic, as you won’t want others being presenting throughout your photos.
- Consider the Elements of the Earth. The world is certainly beautiful! However, our atmosphere presents its own set of elements that should be taken into consideration when choosing a location for your engagement photo session. If you plan on having your images captured outdoors, you will want to keep the weather in mind. From rain to snow, inclement weather could put a damper on your photo session. In addition, too hot of weather could do the same, as you won’t want to experience any perspiration when having your images captured. So, be mindful of the weather!
- Flaunt Some Style with Stunning Outfits. You and your partner each have your own sense of style. And, you will want to highlight yours throughout your engagement photos. Here are some tips to assist you with choosing your own outfits:
- Complement Each Other. When choosing your outfits, you will want to avoid entirely matching, but rather complement one another with your chosen colors.
- Keep the Focus on You. In addition, it is best to not wear any clothing that showcases flashy logos or designs, as you wouldn’t want these details to be the main focus of your images, as you and your partner should be the center of attention.
- Showcase Diversity. Also, consider bringing along more than one outfit to your photo session, as a way to add some diversity to your images and showcase a dash of creativity.
- Accentuate Your Beauty. You will certainly want to look your best for your engagement photo session, so that you can flaunt nothing but confidence for the camera! By having your hair and makeup professionally completed, you can accentuate your natural beauty, and showcase a great deal of style throughout every image captured. Regardless of if you choose to a highlight a bold and powerful appearance, or a more soft and subtle presentation, know that your style will certainly be gorgeous if completed professionally!
- Add Personalization with Props. Your engagement photos will showcase the unique bond that you and your partner have created together. However, know that you can add even more personalization to your images by utilizing props! Here are some options that you could choose to showcase throughout your own images:
- Celebrate with Champagne. You can add a celebratory appeal to your images with the use of champagne! So, grab your favorite bottle of bubbly, a couple flutes, and your partner, and pop open the champagne to present some festive images.
- Add Color with Smoke Bombs. Or, consider adding some color to your photos by utilizing smoke bombs! This is a unique way to add some creativity to your images. From your favorite colors to creating a rainbow, know that you can showcase a celebratory appeal throughout your images with the use of smoke bombs.
- Highlight Your Interests. You and your partner must have hobbies and interests that you enjoy taking part in together. And, your engagement photo session poses as the perfect time to show them off! If you have a love of sports, grab your favorite equipment and capture your images out on the field. Or, if you enjoy music, bring along your instruments and serenade one another. There are so many opportunities for creativity when it comes to choosing props for your photo session!
- Showcase Your Love for One Another. Seeing as your engagement photo session is all about highlighting your new relationship status and the love that you and your partner have for one another, you will certainly want to showcase just how in love you truly are by capturing some romantic images! So, embrace one another, share a few kisses, hug, and hold hands. Even as something as subtle as a kiss on the cheek will allow you to capture images that will evoke nothing but romance. After all, intimate images will be truly cherished!
By having engagement photos captured, you can capture the love that you and your partner have for one another, as well as celebrate your new relationship status! These are just a few tips to assist you with planning your own engagement photo session.
If you are prepared to have your own engagement photos captured with an engagement photographer in Columbus, Ohio, please get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. We absolutely cherish capturing and preserving such wonderful milestones within a couple’s life, and would be more than honored with the opportunity to do the same for you.
View Curtis Wallis Photography’s Columbus, Ohio Wedding Photography Packages