Becoming engaged is certainly something to cherish! This is a once in a lifetime experience for you and your partner, and it should be embraced. After all, this time will pass by in the blink of an eye, as you will soon be wed. So, it deserves a great deal of recognition. Don’t you agree?
However, in order to really savor the moment, you will want to ensure that it is preserved through professional photography! This way, your special memories will never fade, and you can look back on this milestone within your life and smile.
We understand the importance of capturing one of a kind engagement photos! That’s why, here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as Columbus engagement photographers, we have gathered some ways in which you can add a great deal of personalization to your own engagement photos. If you are all set to discover some helpful insight, be sure to continue reading, so that you can be presented with an array of diverse images that you will be proud of:
- Choose a Location that is Full of Meaning. A wonderful way to add personalization to your engagement photos is by choosing a location that is full of meaning. Where did you and your partner meet? Where did you have your first date? Is there a setting that you like to frequent? Such as a lovely park or a beautiful riverfront? These would all be ideal settings for your engagement photos. By choosing a setting that has impacted your relationship positively in some way, you can add even more personalization to your photos.
- Choose Outfits that Showcase Your Sense of Style. You and your partner each have your own unique sense of style. Therefore, you should flaunt it throughout your engagement photos! Don’t feel as though you must appear formal for your photos by wearing a fancy suit and tie or an elegant dress. These are your engagement photos, and they should showcase who you are as individuals, which is a great way to add a personal touch to your images! However, when choosing your outfits, there are some things that you should keep in mind:
- Avoid Entirely Matching Your Partner. When choosing your ensembles, it’s best that you avoid entirely matching your partner’s clothing, but rather complementing it with color. This way, you won’t blend together throughout your images, but still showcase a cohesive and beautiful appearance.
- Avoid Wearing Clothing That Is Too Flashy. You and your partner will want to be the focus of your photos! Therefore, it would be best to avoid wearing clothing that showcases flashy logos, designs, or vibrant colors. This way, the highlight of your images will be you and your partner, and not the details of your clothing, which is exactly how it should be!
- Avoid Wearing Uncomfortable Clothing. Being comfortable while having your engagement photos captured is certainly of importance! After all, if you can’t move with ease within what you are wearing, you could appear awkward throughout your images. So, ensure that you can move comfortably in whatever you choose to wear.
- Utilize Props to Showcase Your Interests. Every couple has hobbies that they enjoy doing together. And, your engagement photo session poses as the perfect time for you to show them off! You can add personalization to your images by highlighting your hobbies and interests. If you have a love of music, bring along your guitar or instrument of choice and serenade your partner. Or, if you enjoy sports, grab a football and have your photos captured out on the field, or a basketball and hit the court. By incorporating props, you can represent what creates your relationship to be unique. However, if you are seeking to highlight a more celebratory appeal, you can utilize props such as champagne, smoke bombs, or even signs that reveal your new last name or wedding date.
- Let Your Love for One Another Shine. There is not greater bond than the one that you have built with your partner. So, you should certainly embrace it! Showcase your personal love story throughout your engagement photos by embracing once another, hugging, holding hands, and sharing a few kisses. By doing so, you can add an intimate, personal touch to your engagement photos, so that you can let your romance for one another shine, and highlight what your engagement is all about…love!
- Highlight the Natural Bond that You Have Created. The bond that you and your partner have with one another is one of a kind! There is no other relationship quite like yours, which is certainly something to cherish. By just acting natural with one another, you can highlight a great deal of personalization, as you will let your organic selves shines beautifully. So, as you have your engagement photos captured, walk, talk, laugh, smile, and just let your natural selves shine, so that you can highlight just a fund and personal appeal throughout each and every image captured.
- Let Your Playful Sides Shine. Having fun with your partner is always something to enjoy! And, while your engagement is all about the love that you and your spouse to-be have for one another, know that you can let loose and let your playful sides shine too! Pick up your partner up and spin them around, run together, tickle one another; by just having fun with each other, you can let your raw and beautiful relationship shine, adding personalization to your images in a fun and exciting way.
Your engagement is a once in a lifetime experience! Therefore, it certainly deserves recognition. Through professional photography, you can capture your journey to your happily ever after. And, by utilizing these tips, you can add even more personalization to your photos, and embrace your love story to the fullest.
Are you ready to have your new relationship status captured by an engagement photographer in Columbus, Ohio? If your answer is yes, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as we would be more than honored with the opportunity to photograph your journey to your own happily ever after, from your engagement to your wedding day.