Congratulations, you and your partner have officially taken the next stop to beginning your future together. It is the perfect time to celebrate with an engagement photoshoot. Props, a beautiful setting, and a photographer who makes you and your partner feel comfortable; your engagement photoshoot poses as the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with your partner as you create stunning photographs.
For such an important photoshoot, it’s vital that you take the time to plan every detail to perfection, including your attire. The clothing you wear for your photoshoot will add to the overall image. Take your time to plan your outfit so that your image adds quality details, rather than tacky ones.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we believe that every detail of your engagement photoshoot should complement your vision. That’s why we have put together a few points of inspiration to help you to determine what you should wear for your own engagement photoshoot. Be sure to keep reading to discover some great tips:
- Complement One Another. It is best to coordinate your outfit with your partner’s. This way, you can complement one another and create a cohesive appearance for your photos. However, you don’t want to wear clothes that are identical to one another, as you don’t want to blend together.
- If You Are Bold, Be Bold. You don’t have to worry about wearing bold colors. If you have a daring personality, showcase it with your brightly colored clothing. These bright hues will actually pop on camera. Just be sure to that your bright colors complement each other.
- Showcase Your Interests. How did you and your partner meet? How did you bond for the first time? If you both bonded over your love for sports, and continue to share this love, you can showcase it within your photos. Matching Jerseys of your favorite teams, or even personalized names, can be a wonderful addition to your attire.
- Be Sure That You Are Comfortable. If your clothes aren’t comfortable, you can guarantee that you won’t be either. From posing to moving around your location, you will need to feel at ease within your attire. If you are uncomfortable, it will show within your expressions and body language, and it will shine within your photos. So, choose your clothing with comfort in mind.
- Things to Avoid. When choosing your outfit for your engagement photoshoot, you will want to avoid choosing clothes that showcase logos, images, or flashy colors, as it can take away from the overall image. You and your partner should be the center of attention, not your clothes.
An engagement photoshoot serves many purposes, from save the date and thank you cards to engagement announcements. You should feel confident with your photos, and with the right attire, you can be. Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a Columbus engagement photographer, we can assist you with planning your perfect engagement photoshoot. Contact us today to book your engagement photographer in Columbus, Ohio.