Congratulations on your new engagement! Taking this step forward within your relationship is something to celebrate. Now that you are engaged, you will have the opportunity to share your big news with loved ones, plan an incredible wedding, and enjoy your time as an engaged couple. This is no doubt a wonderful time within your relationship.
Reasons Why a Shotlist Doesn’t Need to Be Provided to Your Wedding Photographer
One wonderful way to honor and celebrate your new engagement is through photography. Engagement photos are great for adorning your home and office, sharing your love with your friends and family members, and posting on social media. They also pose as a great way to make your big announcement!
Engagement photos will be wonderful, but if you are hoping to add a little pizzazz to yours, you should consider incorporating some props. Every prop will have a story to tell, and you can use them to tell your own love story. After all, your love story is unique and should be conveyed in an exclusive way.
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, we believe that your engagement should be a special time! It should be a time for you and your partner to enjoy the possibilities that your future holds. That’s why we have put together a few props that you could utilize for your engagement photoshoot. Be sure to keep reading to discover what a great addition props can be to your engagement photos:
- Relay a Special Message. They say that a picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes you still need actual words. If you enjoy showcasing your vocabulary, or even just really love Scrabble, break out your board game for your photos. Use the scrabble tiles to spell out your own message within your photos, such as “I said Yes”, “She Said Yes”, “He Said Yes”, “I Do”, or even spell out your last name to-be. If you also want to include your wedding date, just flip the pieces over and write out the numbers on the back of your pieces.
- Showcase Some Sweetness. Indulging your sweet tooth is a wonderful freedom in life. From cupcakes to lollipops, who could live without the intoxicating taste of sweets? If you and your partner both enjoy your sugary treats, you can incorporate them into your photos. With the use of items such as cake pops, cotton candy, lollipops, truffles, jelly beans, licorice, ice cream, and so much more, you can capture photos that are as sweet as your love story. Place your engagement ring among a cupcake for a sugary photo!
- Biker Bonding. Driving down the road with the rumble of your motorcycle beneath you sounds like the perfect life. But, now that you have your partner, it just wouldn’t be the perfect life without them beside you. If you both enjoy the love of each other as well as your love for motorcycles, grab your beautiful bike and incorporate it into your engagement photos.
- Pop Open Your Umbrella. Winter is coming to a close and spring is on the way, although it can’t come fast enough. With spring comes the refreshing rainy weather. So, be sure to grab your most beautiful umbrella and open it up for your engagement photos. Not only will they keep your photoshoot attire and hairstyles in good condition, but it will also add a little pizzazz to your photos. Be sure to choose an umbrella that works with your theme and color scheme.
- Show Off Your Unique Ink. Tattoos do more than decorate your body. They can tell your story, showcase your passions and interests, and even show off your unique style. Every artistic piece plays a role in the story of your life and will certainly play its role within your engagement photos. You likely even find your partner’s tattoos attractive. Show off your ink within your engagement photos as a way to tell your story, and your love story. This will be one prop that will be completely exclusive to you and your partner.
- Furry Friends Are Family Too. Now that you and your partner are engaged, you will forever be your own little family. But, there is more to your family than just the two of you. Your pet is a valued piece of your family and should be included within your engagement photos. After all, they are gaining a new family member just as you are gaining a new partner in life. Their happy smile, that fluffy fur coat, those intricate scales; no matter the type of pet you have, you could include them within your engagement photos. They will be happy to spend time with you and your partner, and you both will be overjoyed to show off your lovely photos.
- Toast to Your Happiness. You don’t have to wait until your wedding festivities to break out the champagne. You can find the perfect champagne glasses that complement your relationship and incorporate them into your photos. Pop your favorite bottle of champagne and share a toast with your partner. Toast to everything that the future holds for you, such as new jobs, adventures, stories to share with loved ones, and discovering what the world can offer you both. For the ultimate champagne prop, you can invest in customized champagne glasses. Also, be sure that you choose your favorite bottle of champagne to inspire your future wedding guests to gift the best drink to you on your big day. After all, would it really be a celebration without some champagne?
Trash the Dress Photoshoot Ideas
These props are a great way to spice up your engagement photos. They can even be used to inspire your own unique prop choices. These engagement photos will be a way to show the world the wonderful relationship that you and your partner share, and your props can express what makes your relationship one of a kind. Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a Columbus engagement photographer, we can assist you in capturing your own stunning photos. Please feel free to contact us today to share your romantic story and book your engagement photographer in Columbus, Ohio.