Becoming engaged is a wonderful milestone within your life that you will truly cherish! You have discovered your soulmate, gotten to know them, realized you wanted to spend the rest of your life with them, and exclaimed “Yes!” when they popped the question to you. You have now obtained a new relationship status, and you will certainly want to announce it to the world!
Mistakes to Avoid Making When Planning Your Wedding
You and your partner are no longer boyfriend and girlfriend, but you are not yet husband and wife, you are now a fiancé, and this new title that you hold should be presented to all of your closest friends and family members. Have you decided how you will be making your announcement yet?
Tips & Inspiration for Planning Your Wedding Music
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as a Columbus wedding photographer, we believe that every couple should present their new relationship to the world through photography! That’s why we have gathered some reasons as to how you can, through engagement photos. If you would like to gain some great insight as to why you should have your own engagement photos captured, you will certainly want to continue reading:
- Announcing Your New Relationship Status to the World. Now that you and your partner are engaged, you have obtained a new title for your relationship! You can share your excitement with your closest friends and family members with a lovely set of engagement photos. By presenting photos to them, you can spread the news and get everyone excited for your wedding day, which will soon be on the way.
- Stationery for Before & After the Big Day. Before your wedding day, you will be sending out Save the Date cards. Your engagement photo session poses as the perfect time to capture these extra stationery details. You can capture the perfect photos to display for your Save the Date’s. In addition, you can also photograph images for your Thank You cards. So, you can essentially kill three birds with one photo session; engagement photos, Save the Date cards, and Thank You cards.
- The Chance to Get to Know Your Wedding Photographer. Having a stranger capture your photos on your big day can be awkward for you and your partner. After all, you will be around your wedding photographer your entire day, and you should feel comfortable with them. By taking part in an engagement photo session, you will have the opportunity to get to you know your photographer and get comfortable with them as they capture your photos. This will allow you to know if you have made the right choice when it comes to your wedding photographer.
- Getting Comfortable with Your Partner Behind the Camera. If you and your partner have never had professional photos captured together, you will want to ensure that you mesh well with one another behind the lens before your wedding day arrives. An engagement photo session will provide you with the opportunity to get comfortable with your partner behind the lens, so that you can present quality photos and know what to expect when it comes to your wedding photography when the big day arrives.
- Images That Reflect Your Personal Relationship as a Couple. Having professional photos of you and your partner will be wonderful! However, they can be even more special if you add some personalization to them. In order to do so, consider having your images captured at a location that holds meaning to your relationship, such as at a park that you frequent, where you had your first date, or where you were proposed to. In addition, props will be a great asset to your images, such as champagne, smoke bombs, or even sporting equipment…whatever hobbies or interests hold a special meaning within your relationship.
- Showcasing the Best Sense of Style for Your Images. You and your partner will want to appear stunning within your engagement photos! Therefore, you will want to choose the right outfits. Consider bringing along more than one outfit for your photo session, so that you can display some diverse images. Ideally, you will want your clothing to complement one another, but not entirely match. Flashy clothing that showcases logos, words, designs, or pictures, should be avoided, as you won’t want these details to take away from your images. In addition, ensure that you can comfortably move around in whatever items of clothing that you choose, so that you don’t appear awkward or uncomfortable.
- Time to Reconnect with Your Partner. Life can get hectic! Work, cooking, cleaning; you will take part in many daily tasks, therefore making it difficult to find quality time to spend with your partner. If you take part in an engagement photo shoot, you can reconnect with you partner! Turn off your cell phones, forget about any tasks that you may need to complete, and just let life go for a little while. This will give you the time to reconnect with your partner, allowing you with the opportunity to capture some truly genuine and heartfelt images.
- Romantic Images That Will Last a Lifetime. Having professional photos of you and your partner will certainly be images that will be cherished forever. With engagement photos, you can comprise a lovely album, present framed images to showcase throughout your home, and share your love story with your friends and family members. In addition, you can leave behind your wonderful legacy for future generations with your gorgeous images.
If you choose to take part in an engagement photo session, know that you will be making a wonderful choice! After all, you and your partner are on your way to marriage, and this time should certainly be preserved through photography. These are just a few of the many beneficial reasons as to why you should take part in your own engagement photo session.
Reasons Why Professional Wedding Photography Is a Great Investment
Here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as an engagement photographer in Columbus, Ohio, we would be honored with the opportunity to capture and preserve your most precious memories through photography, such as your engagement and your wedding day. If you are ready to embark on your own photography journey, please get in touch with us today, as we would be honored with the opportunity to work with you.