Your wedding reception is a big part of your big day! After you make your grand debut down the aisle, vow your love to your partner, seal it with a kiss, and embark on a festive wedding recessional, you will they journey off to your wedding reception where you will celebrate with all of your closest friends and family members.
Take a Look at Reasons Why You Should Have an Unplugged Wedding Ceremony
Delicious food, fun favors, festive dancing; there will certainly be a great deal of entertainment showcased throughout your wedding reception! However, in order to ensure that you and all of your guests have a memorable time, you will want to guarantee that your wedding reception is a once in a lifetime experience for everyone attending.
If you are ready to plan your own wedding reception, you are in luck! As here at Curtis Wallis Photography, as Cincinnati wedding photographers, we have gathered some great inspiration to assist you with creating an amazing wedding reception. So, if you are all set to become inspired, be sure to continue reading, to discover some wonderful insight:
- Welcome Your Wedding Guests. You will want to welcome your wedding guests to your reception in a celebratory way so that you can kick off your celebration. Here are some ways in which you can welcome your guests to your own festivities:
- Showcase a Personalized Sign. By presenting a sign at the entrance of your reception, you can invite your guests in and encourage them to enjoy your celebration. Whether you choose to highlight a fun message, your new last name and wedding date, or even a photo of you and your partner, you can add a great deal of personalization and fun to your reception with signs.
- Serve Delicious Drinks. The first event that your guests will take part in once they arrive to your wedding reception will be discovering their seats. Instead of presenting the traditional paper escort cards, you can serve drinks! After all, your guests will certainly enjoy a glass of bubbly as they make their way to their seats. By tying the table numbers to the stems of the champagne flutes, you can create unique escort cards that will certainly impress your guests.
- Create the Perfect Seating Chart. Being placed at a table with people you don’t know or aren’t too fond of certainly wouldn’t be ideal! Therefore, you will want to ensure that you create the perfect seating chart, so that your guests will be pleased with where they are placed. Here are some tips to assist you with planning yours:
- The Newlyweds. Seeing as your wedding day is your big day, you should be the center of attention! Therefore, it would be best to sit at your own sweetheart table. This way, your wedding guests will be able to locate you with ease, and you will be the focus of your wedding reception, just as you should be.
- The Single Guests. You will most likely have an array of single guests attending your wedding. While you may think that you should seat them all together, this should actually be avoided! In fact, by doing so, you can have them feeling incredibly awkward. Instead, seat a couple of single guests at each table, and play matchmaker if the opportunity presents itself.
- The Children. Will children be attending your wedding? If so, it would certainly be ideal to seat them all together at their own table. By creating a table just for the kids, know that the little ones will be around others their own age, which they will certainly enjoy. In addition, it will give their parents a break, which will definitely be appreciated! Comprise their table with coloring books and crayons, fun games, and even glow sticks, as wonderful ways to keep them entertained during your wedding reception.
- Present One of a Kind Wedding Favors. Seeing as your wedding guests have traveled from near and far to attend your big day, you will certainly want to return the favor. So, choose to present your guests with wedding favors, as they pose as the perfect way for you to express your gratitude. Whether it be a sweet treat, such as a candy or dessert bar where they can fill up goodie bags to take home with them, or something more personalized, such as custom koozies, know that your guests will certainly appreciate your gift. If you are still at a loss of inspiration for your own wedding favors, take a look at Wedding Favors That Your Guests Will Love.
- Memorable Entertainment. Dancing will be the main form of entertainment at your wedding reception. So, it is certainly of importance that you hire a celebratory DJ or band to create a festive atmosphere. However, in addition to music and dancing, here are some other forms of fun that you should consider showcasing for your own wedding reception:
- Hire a Unique Caricature Artist. If you are seeking to present a unique form of entertainment for your guests, hire a caricature artist! The drawings showcased will also pose as wonderful wedding favors, as your guests will be presented with a one of a kind keepsake from your big day.
- Book a Festive Photo Booth. Provide your wedding guests with the opportunity to let their fun and goofy sides out by booking a photo booth for your reception! With festive props and celebratory backdrops, a photo booth will certainly be a celebratory form of entertainment. In addition, your guests will be presented with a reel of photos to take home with them, posing as a fun piece of memorabilia from your nuptials.
Your wedding reception deserves to be an event to remember! After all, it is a once in a lifetime celebration, and should certainly be enjoyed by you and your partner along with all of your wedding guests. These are just a few of the many ways in which you can create your own amazing wedding reception.
Take a Look at Reasons to Photograph Your Columbus Marriage Proposal
So, if you are all set to have your own big day captured by a wedding photographer in Cleveland, Ohio, please get in touch with us here at Curtis Wallis Photography. We are honored to be a part of such celebratory events, and would be pleased to preserve the memories from yours.